3 Days Samburu camping Safari
3 Days Samburu camping Safari takes you through Samburu Game Reserve which is situated in the hot and arid fringes of Kenya's vast Northern Frontier District. The area is home to the Samburu tribe, pastoral relatives of the Masai. Samburu Reserve as a safari destination has rugged and dramatic landscape; the Owasso Nyiro River runs along the southern boundary dividing Samburu Game Reserve and is home to crocodile and hippo with the many animals visiting to drink during the heat of the day. Samburu safari may offer sighting of buffalo, lion, leopard, cheetah and other plains game. Species of game unique to Samburu game reserve include the beisa oryx, the long necked Gerenuk, Grevy's zebra, reticulated giraffe and the blue shanked Somali ostrich.
Day 1: Nairobi to Samburu camping safari
Pick up from your Nairobi Hotel at 0700hrs and drive north to Samburu National Reserve to arrive at around 1300 hours in time for lunch. After lunch proceed for an afternoon game drive in the park famous as the place for the Samburu semi-nomadic tribesmen, the reticulated giraffe, the Grevy's zebra gerenuk, beisa oryx and a host of the big game including elephant and lion. Dinner and overnight at your pre-booked safari camp in Samburu reserve.
Day 2: Full Day Samburu camping safari
Full day spent in Samburu with early morning and afternoon game drives in Samburu Game Reserve, which covers 40 square miles (104 square kilometers). Ololokwe Table Mountain forms a dramatic backdrop to our game viewing. Samburu is also home to the third of Kenya's giraffe species - the rare Reticulated Giraffe (only found in the Northern parks). This is also where you see the blue-legged Somali Ostrich, the long-necked Gerenuk gazelle and the straight-horned Beisa Oryx antelope. Dinner and overnight at your pre-booked safari camp in Samburu reserve.
Day 3: Samburu Nairobi
Early Morning breakfast at your camp check out and drive to Nairobi arriving in time for lunch. Lunch at hotel and then drop off at your respective hotel or Airport.
Rates per person USD 990 2 people sharing 1 room
Safari price Cost Includes:
- Transport on custom made 7 seater tour van ideal for game viewing and photography.
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari.
- Accommodation in double/triple room.
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes.
- Service of an English speaking professional driver/guide.
- All game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- Complimentary return airport transfers.
- Bottled water whilst on safari 1 litre per person per day.
- Start and end in Nairobi.
Tour Cost excludes:
- Beverages/Drinks/Sodas and other soft drinks.
- International flights and visas.
- Items of a personal nature
- Any other extras not detailed in hotel
- Optional activities i.e. visit to masai village
- Optional Nairobi dinner
- Balloon safari can be arranged at an extra cost of US$ 450 per person
- Optional Nairobi city tour and excursion
For last minute booking call/ whatsapp/ sms us on +254 734 878643
We are world nomads, having left the USA three years ago and have been continuously traveling the world since. We are on a fixed income which limits us a bit as we move from one city/country to the next. For Kenya we wanted to invite...More
Date of experience: July 2019