6 Days Mt Kenya SafarisThe day trip will take you around MT Kenya which is the second tallest mountain in Africa. It is located in the former Eastern and central province of Kenya. The destination is suitable for mountain climbing and also best for spotting animals such as the tree hyrax, Gazelles, giraffes, zebras, among other which has lead the destination to be highly visited.
Day 1 Nairobi to Nanyuki safari
Depart Nairobi in the morning to Nanyuki arriving in time for lunch. The afternoon is spent in this area for acclimatization by walking along the equitor line. Dinner and overnight in a budget hotel.
Day 2 Old Moses Camp
After breakfast, drive to Sirimon Park Gate. After check-in start hiking through the Rain Forest for 9 km (5/6 hours) to Old Moses camp (3300m). Dinner and overnight in the camp.
Day 3 Old moses/Shipton Camp
Depart Old Moses Camp at 7:30 am via Mackinders Valley to Shipton Camp (4200m). The distance takes 8 to 9 hrs 15km. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4 and 5 Shimpton / Point Lenana / Chogoria
Early morning departure (3:00 am) to the summit, a walk that takes 3 hrs to point Lenana (4985m) arriving at 6:30 in the morning. After sunrise, descend to Mintos Hut for full breakfast and later proceed down through the Gorges valley to Chogoria Bandas and campsite. Dinner and overnight.
Day 6 Chogoria to Nairobi
After breakfast, set on morning journey to Chogoria village(32km) if you don't want you can take a jeep you pay direct or you cost share in a group. Then after Chogoria the transport is provided back to Nairobi, arriving late afternoon.
The cost of the package is USD 1,980.00 per person sharing.
Included in your Mt Kenya Trekking Price:
- Accommodation whilst on Safari (including tents at Mintos Camp)
- All transfers as mentioned above
- All park entry and conservation fees
- Lunch at Nanyuki and the Chogoria exit
- All meals while mountaineering
- Services of a professional guide
- A porter for every guest (guest only to carry own day pack)
Excluded from the Price:
- Beverages and other extras in Nanyuki
- All activities not mentioned above
- Items of personal nature
- Personal insurances covers (including emergency evacuation covers)
- For last minute booking call/ whatsapp/ sms us on +254 734 878643
We are world nomads, having left the USA three years ago and have been continuously traveling the world since. We are on a fixed income which limits us a bit as we move from one city/country to the next. For Kenya we wanted to invite...More
Date of experience: July 2019